My name is Alice and I am a Swedish-English translator, writer and editor. I was born in Stockholm, Sweden, and have been living, studying and working in the UK since 2012. Swedish is my mother tongue, and I have been in love with the English language for as long as I can remember.
To the right you will find an overview of my education and previous experience. For a more detailed breakdown, connect with me on LinkedIn!
- Translator, European Liberties Platform, Liberties.eu (Mar. 2016 – )
Translation (Swe<>Eng) of news stories, campaign material, multimedia reports and subtitles, on subjects related to human rights, civil liberties, law and international relations
- Translator, copywriter and SEO agent, Media Skunk Works, York (June – Oct. 2015)
Wrote, edited and translated copy (Swe<>Eng), and built digital outreach in Swedish and Anglophone markets
- Documentation writer, COMSOL Inc., Stockholm (June 2012 – Sept. 2014)
Wrote and edited scientific and technical documentation
- Editorial intern, Bonnier Publishing, London (July 2014)
Researched, wrote and edited copy for various titles, including Historium (Big Picture Press, 2015), organised, assessed and set up a new system for processing submissions
- PhD Comparative Literature, University College London, UK (2017 – )
- MA Comparative Literature, University College London, UK (2016)
- BA English and Related Literature, University of York, UK (2015)
First Class Hons
- Viktor Rydberg Gymnasium, Djursholm, Sweden (2012)
22.5 (highest achievable GPA)